The audience for this guidebook is people involved with providing emergency messages and information to the public during times of impending flooding from dams and levees. This includes:
– emergency management officials.
– members of emergency management agencies.
– public affairs personnel (public information officers, public affairs officers.
– emergency first responders (incident commanders, police and fire personnel).
– dam and levee owners and operators.
– radio and television broadcasters.
– public elected officials.
– other people or organizations involved with or interested in local emergency management.